Friday, January 3, 2014

2nd Trimester Glory, Crazy Gender Reveling Blood Tests, and More!




15 weeks and 1 day in! The last few weeks have been eventful to say the least. Filled with magical moments and insane, unexpected, pregnancy side effects... #burping non-stop anyone?

Things that happened since week 13 - last update here at ohwowmommy

1. Gender Reveal!

I didn't expect to find out the gender to a few more weeks in and possibly a few frustrating, poorly poised, ultra-sound photos, but lo! They can tell your babies gender via blood test now! I was amazed, in fact, I was skeptical, but I did my research (Google) and found that this is a fantastic, non-invasive, very accurate way to get early gender reveal results. Awesome.

We're having a girl! Me and DTB cried in the office. If endless months of puking hadn't made it real enough, hearing that we would soon have a little baby girl was a slam dunk of reality. We've settled on the name Charlotte, after DTB's aunt, an amazing women who I absolutely adore.

2. Discovery of Team Green and More Research

I learned something very interesting around week 14, anxiously awaiting my blood results that would give insight to my little families future. Team Green - waiting till birth to find the gender - can actually be very hurtful to new parents!

Not to say that this is the case in all Team Green births, but, a vast majority of Team Green parents described a sense of mourning at the birth of their child, regardless of gender! This bitter sweetness stems from a life pictured with both a daughter and a son, so when the child is born the parents experience a sense of mourning for the daughter/son they didn't have. Fascinating!

3. I grew a bump!
Say 'Hello' to the world baby Charlotte!!!


4. Am I the only one who burps constantly in my second trimester?

Because I am! I can NOT stop burping! I've had to discontinue all consumption of carbonated beverages, I have to prop myself up when lounging around, and sometimes, SOMETIMES, it just happens, out of the blue. Bleh. I have to burp right now actually. I'm not a natural born burper either, in fact, I can't remember burping much at all outside of pregnancy. So over it.

5. Mood swings have developed in these early weeks of my second trimester

I don't cry. I just don't. I generally get pretty monotone when angry, and just roll over and pout during arguments. This is no longer the case. A few days ago, for no real reason at all, I just started hysterically crying! DTB asked what I was crying over and the only answer I could muster was 'I don't cry often so I'm obviously upset!'

Over all my second trimester has been a God send. I'm snapping back to normalcy, starting to go out at night (mostly to places I know I can get a table and eat at) and at the very least, can always laugh at my mental break downs a few hours later.

DTB is holding me together most days, he really is an essential piece to my sanity. He's gained this new found ultimate-patience which allows me to have my crazy moments and not completely destroy our entire relationship.

I never thought pregnancy was really this stereotypical. Not every women is the same but so far I've had it all, though I am crossing my fingers to skip the stretch marks, varicose veins, constipation, hemorrhoids, and above all the episiotomy. Dear God, please let me skip that last one....


No comments:

Post a Comment