Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year Resolutions For a 6 month old


2014 is officially behind us, and as my husband says 'be happy! now you get to write 2015 on things!' 
I have long ago decided that New Year Resolutions are for suckers, but my 6 month old has yet to learn this life lesson. The loving mother that I am, I decided to come up with a list on her behalf so that she too might get a jump start on learning exactly how to make, and break, a list of new years resolutions.

So, without further delay, here is Charlotte's first list of New Year Resolutions 

1. Sleep in more

My daughter made me a proud mama this morning, not even 1 day into the new year and she already gave up on this one! Her usual wake time is around 8am and today, January 1st 2015 little Charlotte woke at 530am. Not only did my sweet baby go the extra mile and wake before the sun, but she made sure to stay awake just long enough for me to lose all hope of falling back to sleep myself. Her happy growls seemed to ring with 'look mama, I broke this resolution just for you!'

2. Snack less 

This little girl of mine can eat! She's recently moved up from just the boob, to boob + cereal! Charlotte resolves to actually nurse for more than 5 minutes on the hour, and instead eat like a normal baby. Of course, should she decided to drop this resolution as well, Lansinoh will continue to enjoy there recent jump in stock value and mommy will reconsider that post-baby boobjob. 


3. Get a hobby

Charlotte understands the importance of finding ones self. She knows daddy likes to play music and mommy likes to write, so she's going to pick up a hobby of her own so that mommy and daddy can have a little time to do what they like too!
Currently she's exploring her options, her top picks include riding around on mommy's hip, taking 10 minute naps and exploring the effects of sleep deprivation on adults.

4. Learn a new language 

Charlotte longs for culture and wider horizons. She knows that adding real words to her vocabulary will only open her up to wonderful new experiences but she also doesn't feel the need to waste time on something as basic as english. Charlotte is going to spend 2015 learning (what I think may be) Shyriiwook. Isn't that the fictional language spoken by Star War's Wookie species, you may ask? Why yes! It is! And she speaks it beautifully.

5. Exercise more 

I tell her she's perfect just the way she is, but I know Charlotte has a passion for exercise and 2015 is the year to take it to the limits! Charlotte is going to use the 'Baby Crib Fit' method which involves rolling onto her tummy before every nap, wiggling around and kicking against the side of her crib till not one, but both of her little legs are firmly smashed through the crib slots. She will then exercise her lungs until mommy comes in, picks her up and lays her back on her back. She resolves to do at least 3 reps before every nap but hopes to add 'Stand and Scream' to her pre-nap workout routine before 2016.

Charlotte has a busy year ahead of her, she is currently practicing a fairly angry dialect of her new language so I'm going to go pick her up and kiss her fat little face.

Happy new year!


5 comments:

  1. You make me smile!!! Sooooo cute, happy 2015 [This is daddy on your screen]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this blogpost. Hilarious and relatable !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your comment! 'Hilarious and relatable' I totally bragged to my husband about this...

      Delete
  3. I love these resolutions! What every baby should aspire to. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now if only I could get her to follow through...such a January Gym Baby..

      Delete