Tuesday, October 3, 2017

How We Do Halloween - Halloween Monster Squad


The 'Yellow Castle' that I grew up in was never big on halloween, I grew up hardly acknowledging the holiday.
Charlotte however got her claws in this holiday and even sparked up my love of all thinks spooky. 

Thus, I've committed to organizing the Halloween Monster  Squad. I've rounded up all the classic Halloween Spooks - Vampires who bring tooth brushes, Mummies who bring scrolls of white ribbon to play with, Witches who drop their hats, Mermaids who leave behind trails of shells, and more (actually, feel free to give me more ideas, there's a lot days between now and halloween...)!

The following is a letter written to my 3 year old,

Dear Charlotte, Ursula the Mermaid, Little Mouse, Abracadabra'd cat/dog, Little Tiny Monster (or whatever it is you want to be called this very moment...),

You, my sweet daughter, you brought Halloween to the Yellow Castle. You spread the Halloween Cheer(?) and because of this the Halloween Monster Squad gave you a very special gift.

The HMS(for short) gave you a Magic Halloween Bag!

Every October you can set this magic bag on the porch next to a lantern any night you'd please, and one of the HMS will stop by and leave you a special little thank-you gift.

As your mommy I'm going to require you to have some etiquette and write a thank-you note each night which you can leave in the Magic Halloween Bag.
Last night was your very first HMS delivery, a clumsy Halloween Witch flew into a net of spiders, so she turned them into magic spiders. In her letter she mentioned that these spiders aren't like normal spiders, they don't eat bugs, these spiders are magic and they LOVE to eat bad dreams!

If we hang these spiders in the room they will eat as many bad dreams as they can, and you can sleep peacefully (even though I still have to sleep with your foot in my face).

The clumsy Halloween Witch dropped her hat, but luckily you found it. Make sure to leave it next to the lantern tonight so that the next HMS member to stop by can pick it up and return it to the clumsy Witch.

Charlotte, I love you, I love your fascination with life, I love living in 'Castles' and never 'houses', I love laying next to you in your crib as you fall asleep, only to pick you up and tuck you in bed with me a few hours later..

Mouse, you are a very special girl. 
I hope you have a VUNDERFULLLLL HALLLLOWHEEN!!!

WHA HA HA HA HA....

love, 

mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment