Tuesday, May 13, 2014

34 weeks pregnant and I fear I may never sleep again



Sweet sleep, you escape me.

I really thought I was headed towards a decent nights sleep tonight. Around 430 last night (morning..) I discovered that an ice pack between my feet helped immensely with my restless legs, it a was beautiful thing and I was greatly looking forward to cheating this wicked pregnancy symptom with the same trick tonight. No luck.

It kept my legs a bit more restful but even with the sweet sounds of Star Trek Enterprise serenading me to sleep, I've found myself once again bleary eyed and foot tapping my way through the early AM.

I hate being pregnant.

I wonder how many hits that phrase alone will garner me?

I'm giving up on tactfully keeping entries here at OhWoWmommy, instead, I've found myself taking to the keyboard with little more dexterity than a chimpanzee and complaining. I had to cut myself off from Gatorade and Cup a Noodle after a 3 day binge that has left me markedly bloated and icky feeling. I think the insane fluctuation in sugar and salt levels is also effecting me, today I found myself suffering from a pretty impressive bought of anomic aphasia. My brain is melting.

I did have the pleasure of seeing an adorable 2 week old baby today, little itsy-bitsy thing that I haven't been able to stop thinking about. The mother was a complete idiot though, she told me that babies aren't born like they "used to be" and went on to inform me that when she was born babies didn't open their eyes for roughly the first two weeks. My mom agreed with my that this women was incredibly stupid, my husband told me I'm really mean. I know he's right, but I also know babies tend to open their eyes before 2 weeks...

My rib cage doesn't have room for my lungs anymore, my wedding ring fits a little tooooo well (bloating), I'm hungry but I don't feel like there is room for Charlotte AND dinner, I'm delusional and was throughly convinced it couldn't be much later than 1am (it's almost 3am) and I don't want to go battle Compton Medical offices again tomorrow.

rawr.

No comments:

Post a Comment