Thursday, December 12, 2013

Oh WOW!

When I took my first pregnancy test I was absorbed in one of the most inhuman months of my entire life. I had just relocated back to Houston from L.A. for the third time in a year. I was working 24/7 to the point of alarms set throughout the early A.M. so I could keep up on everything. I was SO stressed out that I attributed all the early signs of pregnancy to stress!

Me and Dad To Be on moving day!
Puking day and night? Check! Insane emotional outbursts? Check! I even attributed my sore and MASSIVE boobs to hormones because (get this!), I had missed my period due to stress, obviously!

So, on the cusp of starting my own small buisness, launching the biggest marketing campaign of my life, AND moving half way across the country, my magical uterus began creating a baby.

Here I am, 22 years old, hugely invested in my dream career, madly in love with DTB (Dad To Be), and growing the greatest human to ever live (this assumption is made based on preexisting genetic factors and motherly love, don't argue).

My reaction to all of this?

I've gone through the self-pity phase "I'm only 22! I'm not ready for this!" and I've gone through the insecure phase "I'm only 22! No one will think I'm ready for this!" and even a really awful bout of feeling hugely depressed and emotionaly numb to everything.

Then, at 8 weeks, me and DTB got to see and hear the heart beat. Oh WoW!!!! Ever since then I've been in a blissful state of happily embracing pregnancy.

I LOVE the daily stereotypical dramas that play out between me and DTB. The cravings, the mood swings, the constant exhaustion, the imaginary trophy I've earned for surviving 3 months of constant puking AND creating life - all of it - amazing...

I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and all I can say is, Oh WoW!


I want to hear your story, where were you in life when you found out you were going to be a mother, what was your reaction?



No comments:

Post a Comment